Bayh college of education

Education Student Services (ESS)

Praxis II Requirements - Specialty Area Tests

Depending on your major, you will need to take specific Praxis II Specialty Test(s) for graduation from Indiana State and for licensure in Indiana.  The required test(s) or required score(s) may change depending on your year of graduation from Indiana State University. The following Specialty Tests and scores are approved by the state of Indiana for students graduating during the all current academic years.

For information about PRAXIS II (Specialty Area Tests) go to the PRAXIS website This site will provide information about testing dates, test preparation, testing fees, and sample questions.

VERY IMPORTANT: You must release your test scores to ISU

Be sure to Code #1322 on the section of the Registration Form for the agencies to receive score reports. If you do not release your scores to Indiana State University, we will not be able to provide you with a recommendation for a license. You then would be required to request Educational Testing Services (ETS) to send the scores to Indiana State University. ETS will charge a fee for this service.

To find the appropriate Specialty Area Test(s) and required score(s) needed, please select your major from the list:

Art Education

Business Education

Early Childhood Education

Elementary Education

English Teaching

Foreign Languages - Select the appropriate content area:

Family and Consumer Sciences Education

Industrial Technology Education (Industrial Arts)

Mathematics Education

Music Education

Physical Education - All Grades

Library/Media Services

School Health

Science Education

Social Studies Education

Special Education/Elementary Education Dual Program

Speech Language Pathology

Vocational - Trade - Technical Education