The Department of Educational Leadership
POST-MASTER'S NON-DEGREE LICENSE PROGRAM: SCHOOL
ADMINISTRATION & SUPERVISION (Principal Licensure)
**Principal Cohort Orientation - July 13 & 14, 2012
Location - Bayh College of Education
For Indiana Residence Only
The 33 credit hour maximum Non-Degree Program for School
Administration Licensure prepares students who already
master’s degree in
education for positions of leadership as school administrators. The
program fulfills, in part, the requirements for
the Building-Level Administration License prescribed by the Division
of Professional Standards, Indiana Department of Education.
order to qualify for the Building-Level Administration License, the
student must complete the program, must hold an Indiana teaching
license, must present evidence of at
least two years of teaching
experience, and must pass
the state licensure examination.
Blog with us at
K-12 Educational Leadership @ ISU
The distinct features of the program include:
- Blended distance education delivered program via interactive television and/or the Web
augmented by on-campus Saturday sessions three times per semester.
- Designed to serve public and private sector working professionals for positions of
school leadership in either setting.
- Nationally recognized internship experience
by the American Association of School Administrators (AASA).
- Linkages with large network of alumni for mentoring and support, many of whom have won
statewide honors for their work.
- Graduates that achieve among the highest scores on the School Leader Licensing
exam among administration preparation programs in the state.
ISLLC and Indiana Professional Standards
- Rolling admission (students can start any semester or during the summer).
- Assessment of previous masters degree coursework that may be substitutable for select courses in the
How To Apply
Principal Internship Experience & Entry Procedures